KASK Membership• Only $35/year
• 6 Newsletters a year
• Forum & event invitations
Charts, Weather and Sea
New Zealand Charts ~ Takes you to maptizer. There are options as to the type of map though the chart one definitely isn’t a chart and doesn’t include depths. If you get a blue screen scroll out using the mouse scroll wheel until you see some land, drag to where you want and scroll back in. The menu is top left, the 3 horizontal bars.
Land Information NZ ~ tide tables, charts (list of not for viewing), marine notices etc.
National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA)
New Zealand Meteorological Service
Canterbury wave heights
KASK's aims are to:1. Promote and encourage the sport of sea kayaking
2. Promote safety standards
3. Develop techniques and equipment
4. Deal with issues of coastal access and protection
5. Organise sea kayak forums around the country
6. Publish the Sea Canoeist Newsletter and the KASK Handbook