KASK Membership• Only $35/year
• 6 Newsletters a year
• Forum & event invitations
Rescues – how to
Two kayaks and involving one capsize
The description below shows how to do the most basic recovery. There are T, X, H rescues, dragging the rescued kayak over your deck, etc. etc.
What is shown here is a BASIC method. Something anyone can do even without practising it though practise is definitely encouraged.
Important – the less time anyone is in the water the better. It is common for those who capsize not to be dressed for immersion.
Important – once the person is back in their kayak you have only done half the job. You now need to get them away from what caused the capsize in the first place. This is in the second section but is just as important.
You are paddling along and your companion capsizes.
KASK's aims are to:1. Promote and encourage the sport of sea kayaking
2. Promote safety standards
3. Develop techniques and equipment
4. Deal with issues of coastal access and protection
5. Organise sea kayak forums around the country
6. Publish the Sea Canoeist Newsletter and the KASK Handbook