KASK Membership• Only $35/year
• 6 Newsletters a year
• Forum & event invitations
The Wing Paddle and Developments
On the Wing PDF (390 KB) by Sandy Winterton. A description of the latest development of the Wing paddle and its slow morph to a filled in foil.
This article is from KASK’s Sea Canoeist Newsletter No.147.
It is interesting that the Wing appears to be getting closer in foil shape to the Aleut paddle, developed thousands of years ago. Note that the Aluet paddle has an asymmetrical foil and the Greenland paddle a symmetrical foil.
Now, if we take a wooden paddle and burn it, will we have a carbon fibre paddle?
KASK's aims are to:1. Promote and encourage the sport of sea kayaking
2. Promote safety standards
3. Develop techniques and equipment
4. Deal with issues of coastal access and protection
5. Organise sea kayak forums around the country
6. Publish the Sea Canoeist Newsletter and the KASK Handbook