KASK Membership• Only $35/year
• 6 Newsletters a year
• Forum & event invitations
Ian McKenzie – Committee
Job: Committee & WSNZ Liaison
Ian built a canvas skinned kayak in 1970 for a Whanganui River trip with Scouts. Distracted then for several decades by the hills and various things with engines and wheels, Ian tracked down the Canterbury Sea Kayak Network at an Okains Bay forum in 2008.
The forum led to rediscovering Lyttelton Harbour from the water, purchase of a bit of gear and now with a roll, a radio, a demonstration helicopter rescue and some great South Island trips, Ian wants to help others tap into the vast experience he has discovered within KASK.
KASK's aims are to:1. Promote and encourage the sport of sea kayaking
2. Promote safety standards
3. Develop techniques and equipment
4. Deal with issues of coastal access and protection
5. Organise sea kayak forums around the country
6. Publish the Sea Canoeist Newsletter and the KASK Handbook